Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wikis

I am the new coordinator of the Mayhem in the Midlands conference and I've been thinking that I should create a wiki in order to have all the information in one place. There are community members on the committee who do not have access to Library public folders and this would solve that problem. My biggest concern was security because I don't want all of the information to be public.

So I have created a new wetpaint account called Mayhem in the Midlands. You're welcome to click on the link but it is protected and shouldn't show you anything other than the front page. Sorry.

I think wikis have a time and place, just like every other Library 2.0 thing. It's great for something like this and for far-away collaboration. But I think we need to be realistic about it. I don't expect most of the committee members to contribute...I was primarily looking for a place to host information.

No comments: