Saturday, November 15, 2008

My closing thoughts

This is an extremely valuable program for some people to follow. For me, most of this stuff is old hat and I didn't learn as much as I would have liked. I feel pretty hooked into the web and library 2.0 stuff and a bit ahead of the programs in this program.

That said, I do not think I was the intended audience anyway and that's fine. My suggestion for next time is that the incentive match the people that you are trying to reach. I'm excited about the Best Buy or iTunes gift card but that isn't a good motivation for someone who isn't into technology. I know of a library that offered it's employees a day off for completing the program. Now that is motivation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

paid day off?

Deirdre said...

Congratulations on finishing. A day off is a great thought, we'll see what we can do with future programs (and yes, there will be some future programs)....

Hope you can help teach others of us who are not so 2.0.

Thanks,

Deirdre